Seemingly confirming a report from earlier this month, director Ridley Scott says the sequel to 2012’s “Prometheus” will be his next film.
The word comes in an interview with “Empire,” which asked the filmmaker about the decision to shift the release of his sci-fi drama “The Martian” from Nov. 25 to Oct. 2. “I was already on to my next movie!” Scott said. “I was starting to look for locations for my next movie, which is ‘Prometheus 2.’”
“If I see one more dragon I’m going to shoot myself,” he said last year. “Stop the dragons. [The original Alien] is the definitive dragon and he’s a motherfucker. The alien’s real, which is why it’s probably one of the scariest monsters in film history. So with ‘Prometheus 2’ what I’m trying to do is reintroduce a fresher form of alien in the third act.”
Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are expected to return for the film, which opens sometime in 2017.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!