The Internet turned out in full force last week to pay homage to the illustrious cartoonist and illustrator David Levine, who passed away last Tuesday. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the more notable articles:
• Here’s the New York Times’ official obituary.
• Tom Spurgeon, meanwhile, does his usual excellent job chronicling the artist’s life and talent.
• David Margolick recalls his relationship with Levine for The Daily Beast, which also has a nice gallery of art.
• NPR has words and pictures, as well as an interview with political cartoonist Mike Luckovich.
• British cartoonist Steve Bell pays homage here.
• Finally, here’s a lengthy remembrance from New York Magazine.