Oni Press has provided CBR News with the exclusive first look at covers and solicit information for products shipping January 2017. When you’re through checking out these solicitations, be sure to visit CBR’s Indie Comics Forum and discuss these Oni Press releases with fellow readers.
Oni Press Solicitations – Last Six Months
- Product shipping December 2016
- Product shipping November 2016
- Product shipping October 2016
- Product shipping September 2016
- Product shipping August 2016
- Product shipping July 2016
THE DAMNED VOLUME 1: THREE DAYS DEAD
- CULLEN BUNN (W) • BRIAN HURTT (A/CA) • BILL CRABTREE (C)
- During prohibition, gangsters grew rich on our vices, and rivalries between criminal organizations resulted in open war. But unknown to the masses, a more sinister power controlled the crime cartels, using greed, gluttony, lust and other sins to fuel a more lucrative trade: mortal souls. Enter Eddie, a mortal who lost his soul long ago. Caught in the middle of competing demonic families, any other human would’ve gotten the ax long ago. But Eddie’s got a special talent that keeps him on his feet. One man’s curse is another man’s gift.
- MARCH 8 / 152 PGS. / 16 and up / Horror, Mystery / $9.99
BAD MACHINERY VOLUME 1: THE CASE OF THE SCHOOL SPIRIT (POCKET EDITION)
- JOHN ALLISON (W/A/C/CA)
- The Case of the Team Spirit introduces readers to Jack, Linton, Sonny, Shauna, Charlotte, and Mildred: six kids navigating the treacherous waters of school and adolescence while also exploring the strange mysteries that abound in their peculiar English town of Tackleford. Jack, Linton, and Sonny look for cures to their football club’s unexplainable woes, while Shauna, Charlotte, and Mildred try to find a way for compassion and justice to triumph in the face of die-hard sports fanaticism. But all of them should probably be more concerned with keeping on the good side of their history teacher, Mr. Bough. That is, if he has a good side…
- MARCH 15 / 136 PGS. / 10 and up / Humor, Mystery / $9.99
RICK AND MORTY VOLUME 4
- KYLE STARKS (W/A) • CJ CANNON (A/CA) • MARC ELLERBY (W/A/C) • RYAN HILL, KATY FARINA (C)
- Catch up on the adventures of degenerate genius Rick Sanchez and his bumbling grandson Morty as they explore the outer reaches of time, space, and morality. This volume features Eisner Award nominated writer Kyle Starks (Sexcastle) in collaboration with series artist CJ Cannon in a three-issue story of interplanetary drug rings and star-traveling pickup artists. Also included is “Rick Burn, Dude,” drawn by artist Marc Ellerby, in which Rick and Morty take a germophobic planet by storm, a totally swole one-shot drawn by Kyle Starks, and hilarious backup comics about the whole family!
- FEBRUARY 15 / 128 PGS. / 15 and up / Humor, Sci-fi / $19.99
THE MIGHTY ZODIAC VOLUME 1: STARFALL
- J. TORRES (W) • CORIN HOWELL (A/CA) • MAARTA LAIHO (C)
- Collects the first six issues of the fantasy and fable adventure, The Mighty Zodiac! One dark and quiet night in Gaya, six stars fall from the sky. Master Long, the ailing leader of the Mighty Zodiac, sends his warriors out to collect the stars before the Moon Rabbit Army can get their paws on them first. If the Rabbits get the stars, the balance of nature—and the fate of all of Gaya—will be in danger. But Long’s plans to use the stars to “cure” his illness may be just as dangerous—and bring an end to the Mighty Zodiac itself.
- MARCH 8 / 152 PGS. / 8 and up / Fantasy, Adventure / $14.99
JEFF STEINBERG: CHAMPION OF EARTH #6
- JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV (W) • TONY FLEECS (W/A/CA) • LUIGI ANDERSON (C)
- Earth needed a champion. It got a video store clerk (that’s still a thing?!) with a bathroom problem. So far Jeff Steinberg has risen to the occasion like the water level in a toilet bowl after an epic flush! Will he to be able to fend off the next round of intergalactic feces flung his way or is the planet’s future about to be sent down the drain?
- JANUARY 18 / 32 PGS. / 15 and up / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
RICK AND MORTY #22
- KYLE STARKS (W) • CJ CANNON (A/CA) • KATY FARINA (C)
- BACK-UP COMIC BY MARC ELLERBY
- ALTERNATE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY KORY BING
- Break-out hit writer Kyle Starks (Sexcastle) returns to Rick and Morty! Doofus Jerry is a REAL PIECE OF WORK, MAN. And, somehow, Rick’s Achilles heel. He can’t figure out how to beat the dude! Well, if ONE Rick can’t solve your Jerry Problems maybe all of them can? Can The Council of Ricks stop Doofus Jerry before everyone becomes—oh god, no—conquered by a Jerry?
- JANUARY 25 / 32 PGS. / 15 and up / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
INVADER ZIM #17
- ERIC TRUEHEART (W) • WARREN WUCINICH (A/CA)
- ALTERNATE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY KROOKED GLASSES
- A perfect starting point for the Invader ZIM comics! ZIM’s latest doomsday device might actually work, and Dib is, as usual, powerless to stop it! But an unexpected ally might be just what the doctor ordered! As long as that doctor’s credentials aren’t from an unaccredited university.
- JANUARY 18 / 32 PGS. / 8 and up / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
SPACE BATTLE LUNCHTIME #8
- NATALIE RIESS (W/A/C/CA)
- The final battle. Anything that can go wrong does, and Peony finds herself fighting against time—and a defective oven—to get her cake to the judges! Who will go on to victory in this final issue of Space Battle Lunchtime?
- JANUARY 4 / 32 PGS. / 8 and up / Sci-fi / $3.99
- ULISES FARIÑAS (W/A/CA) • ERICK FREITAS (W) • RYAN HILL (C)
- When a mysterious Frog Wizard interrupts Motro holding court at the pub, he and his comrades are sent on an epic quest filled with wizard strongholds, fierce dragons, and the ghosts of family.
- JANUARY 11 / 32 PGS. / 16 and up / Adventure / $3.99
LETTER 44 #29
- CHARLES SOULE (W) • ALBERTO JIMÉNEZ ALBURQUERQUE (A/CA) • DAN JACKSON (C)
- No one has ever set foot on Mars soil— until now. After the crew of the Clarke crash-land into the red planet, they’ll need to figure out a way to survive— especially when the Builders come looking for them. On Earth, Blades gets some disturbing news about the 666 meant to survive the end of the world, as well as the contents of a recently blown-up mountain in Nevada.
- JANUARY 25 / 32 PGS. / 15 and up / Sci-fi / $3.99
NIGHT’S DOMINION #5
- TED NAIFEH (W/A/C/CA)
- The battle for the city of Umber has begun! Emerane finds herself standing between the city she hates and total annihilation, and must decide if Umber, cruel and corrupt though it may be, deserves its fate. But the faces of terrified citizens make her decision easy. She finds herself fighting alongside the Furie himself, as well as her companions: the Asp, the Magus, and the Acolyte, each of whom reveal hidden power. But will they be enough? Against the overwhelming might of Death’s army, is there any hope of victory?
- JANUARY 18 / 32 PGS. / 16 and up / Fantasy, Adventure / $3.99
ANGEL CITY #4
- JANET HARVEY (W) • MEGAN LEVENS (A/CA) • NICK FILARDI (C)
- When MGM’s top star is linked to the April Fools murder, the studio will go to great, dangerous lengths to shut down the rumors. Meanwhile, Dolores calls on her skills as a mob enforcer to get answers from Brenda’s driver, Rollo. But without Gino Volante’s protection, Dolores may be out of her depth—and the “fixers” will let her know it.
- JANUARY 11 / 32 PGS. / 15 and up / Noir, Mystery / $3.99
OUR CATS ARE MORE FAMOUS THAN US: A JOHNNY WANDER COLLECTION
- ANANTH HIRSH (W) • YUKO OTA (A/C/CA)
- In 2008, Ananth Hirsh and Yuko Ota launched the auto-bio webcomic Johnny Wander. Eight years, four cats, and three moves are chronicled in this gorgeous hardcover omnibus, which includes a foreword by Raina Telgemeier (Smile, Ghosts). Hirsh and Ota’s charming reverie about new adulthood will appeal to fans of Kate Beaton (Hark! A Vagrant), Bryan Lee O’Malley (Scott Pilgrim), and Jeffrey Brown (Stars Wars: Jedi Academy)—along with anyone who’s just winging it.
- MARCH 29 / 416 PGS. / 13 and up / Humor / $39.99
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!