With the images arrives a few more details about the characters in the revenge Western, which centers on a group of bounty hunters that tries to find shelter during a blizzard but instead gets drawn into a plot of deception and betrayal:
• Kurt Russell is John Ruth, a tough-as-nails bounty hunter who’s on his way to Red Rock with his murderous captive in tow
• Samuel L. Jackson is Major Marquis Warren, a former Union officer with his own secrets who now lives in the Wyoming mountains
• Jennifer Jason Leigh is Daisy Domergue, an infamous outlaw who’s now Ruth’s prisoner
• Michael Madsen is Joe Gage, a cowboy holed up at Minnie’s Haberdashery when the others arrive
• Tim Roth is Oswaldo Mobray, a well-appointed Brit who claims to be the new hangman of Red Rock
• Walton Goggins is Chris Mannix, a Southerner who moved West, and says he’s the sheriff
• Bruce Dern is General Sanford Smithers, a former Confederate officer
• Demian Bichir is Bob “the Mexican,” who’s taken over as innkeeper while Minnie is away visiting her mother
Channing Tatum is also among the cast, but he’s not shown in any of the photos. “The Hateful Eight” opens later this year.
In THE HATEFUL EIGHT, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as “The Hangman,” will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff. Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie’s Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie’s, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who’s taking care of Minnie’s while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all…
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!