With Marvel Television and Netflix focusing efforts on “The Defenders” as of late, it’s easy to forget that “Iron Fist” is still set to debut in March. Well, it’s time to get hyped for The Living Weapon again, as the titles for the upcoming first season have been revealed by the BBFC, in addition to a majority of the directors attached to the upcoming superhero drama.
Here’s the current list of titles (which can be considered spoiler-y) and directors:
- Episode 1: “Snow Gives Way” directed by John Dahl
- Episode 2: “Shadow Hawk Takes Flight” directed by John Dahl
- Episode 3: “Rolling Thunder Cannon Punch” directed by Tom Shankland
- Episode 4: “Eight Diagram Dragon Palm” directed by unknown
- Episode 5: “Under Leaf Pluck Lotus” directed by Uta Briesewitz
- Episode 6: “Immortal Emerges From Cave” directed by unknown.
- Episode 7: “Felling With Tree Routes” directed by Farren Blackburn (Rated 18 for strong bloody violence)
- Episode 8: “The Blessing Of Many Fractures” directed by Kevin Tancharoen
- Episode 9: “The Mistress Of All Agonies” directed by Jet Wilkinson
- Episode 10: Title To Be Announced, Director Currently Unknown
- Episode 11: “Lead Horse Back To Stable” directed by Deborah Chow (Rated 12 for mild violence)
- Episode 12: Title To Be Announced, Director Currently Unknown
- Episode 13: “Dragon Plays With Fire” directed by Stephen Surjik
Fans of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” — as well as the DC CW shows — should note Kevin Tancharoen’s name on this list. His work on shows like “S.H.I.E.L.D.” and “The Flash” have showcased his ability to heighten fight scenes. While others, such as Uta Briesewitz and Stephen Surjik, are returning names to the Netflix side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Briesewitz having directed an episode of “Jessica Jones” and Surjik having worked on both “Daredevil” and “Luke Cage.”
The news that Jet Wilkinson will be directing an episode of “Iron Fist” isn’t entirely new, though. That bit of information was actually revealed back in August (via MCU Exchange). However, this is the first confirmation elsewhere that the director is, in fact, on board for the project.
One of the most interesting things concerning this list is the absence of Miguel Sapochnik. The “Game of Thrones” director was rumored to be directing an episode of “Iron Fist,” however, his name isn’t listed above. Then again, there are still two directors that have yet to be revealed –so there is still the possibility that rumor will pan out down the line.
Starring Finn Jones as Danny Rand, “Iron Fist” arrives on Netflix in 2017. The series also stars “Star Wars: The Force Awakens'” Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing, Carrie-Anne Moss as Jeri Hogarth, David Wenham as Harold Meachum, Jessica Stroup as Joy Meachum, Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum and more.
(via Bleeding Cool)
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!