MARVEL COLLECTS THE FALL
The fall Marvel collected editions have begun to leak out, thanks to the advance notice the book industry needs to function.
There are a few cool nostalgic highlights in there worth looking forward to:
SPEAKING OF HEMBECK…
MARVEL COMICS, CIRCA 1990
PIPELINKS, MOSTLY FROM OTHER MEDIA
- Citing superhero movie naming conventions, this petition asks Netflix to rename “Cheers” as “Frasier Origins.” It’s silly, but funny. (I mean, I hope they’re not actually serious with this idea.)
- I missed mentioning one other great announcement from Emerald City Comic Con last week: IDW is going to reprint those new Disney comics being done now by French creators like Lewis Trondheim. Even more excitingly, it’s coming in September in hardcover format at 9″ x 12″ size. Cool!
- Joss Whedon has opened up over “Age of Ultron” and his difficulties with the film last year, saying he did the film a disservice. He’s probably right, in that so many people latched onto those comments to create a meta story behind the movie that allowed them to ignore what they saw on the screen, or to explain away anything they didn’t like. It’s been a year. It might be time to give the movie a second chance. While it was definitely not as strong as the first “Avengers” film, I enjoyed it overall.
- An appreciation of the background art of Maurice Noble. Wonderful stuff.
- George Caltsoudas is still doing a poster for every episode of the classic “Batman: The Animated Series.” They’re all beautiful. Looks like he’s up to episode 39 as of this writing. All the posters can be found on his Tumblr page, with updates coming via Twitter.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!