* Mark Gruenwald’s ashes were mixed in with the printing of a comic book.
* Al Milgrom was fired by Marvel after sneaking an insult to Bob Harras into a comic book.
* Mark Bagley got his start by winning the original Marvel Try-Out Contest.
* DG Chichester left Daredevil with #332.
* DC dictated the format of Marvel comics for more than a decade.
* Thunderstrike was outselling Thor and Avengers combined when it was cancelled.
* Marvel killed off a Thunderbolts character because of a rights problem.
* Roger Stern left Avengers over Captain Marvel’s leadership of the team.
* Marvel HAS to publish a Captain Marvel comic book.
* In 1975, Marvel came up with four new titles in one lunch.
* Speedball was invented for the New Universe.
* Marvel UK turned Killraven into “Apeslayer.”
* Hank Pym appeared in comics BEFORE the Fantastic Four!
* Spider-Woman was created by Marvel to secure a trademark.
* Akira Yoshida is a pseudonym.
* Spider-Woman ended up getting Wolverine’s original origin.
* Frank Brunner and Steve Englehart faked a fan letter to themselves.
* Triathlon was gay.
* The GI Joe series was partially based on a previous Marvel pitch Larry Hama made to Marvel.
* The famous “Silent Issue” of GI Joe was originally meant to have dialogue in it, but it was left out due to some sort of error.
*Stan Lee created the Black Marvel
* Jimmy Carter’s diplomatic policies led to the Contest of Champions.
* Jack Kirby sued Marvel Comics.
* Marvel changed the name of the Black Panther because of the political group by the same name.
* Dr. Strange has a daughter named Sofia.
* Fred Hembeck Destroys the Marvel Universe was held back for five years because of Justice League of America vs. The Avengers.
* Steve Ditko once had a story censored for using the devil in a comic.
* Dave Cockrum’s resignation letter from Marvel was placed into an issue of Iron Man as a prank.
* Marty Pasko wrote a short prose story for Marvel Comics under the name “Kyle Christopher.”
* John Romita broke into comics pretending to ink for a penciller, while the penciller was actually inking Romita’s pencils!
* John Byrne had a much longer storyline in store for Scarlet Witch before being taken off Avengers West Coast.
* Terror, Inc. was a continuation of a previous comic from another line of comics.
* Paul Simon named some of the rhymes in “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover” after the old Marvel bullpen.
* Jim Shooter and Dave Cockrum once shared an apartment.
* The second volume of Ghost Rider never had an ending.
* Alias was originally going to star Jessica Drew, but writer Brian Michael Bendis had to change Jessica Drew to Jessica Jones.
* Yellowjacket II was originally going to be a member of the Thunderbolts.
* J.M. DeMatteis had to toss out a plot involving Dr. Strange’s father due to the title’s imminent cancellation.
* Neal Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys used to be an editor for Marvel Comics.
* Kurt Busiek was going to call Carol Danvers Nemesis during his Avengers run, but the X-Men office would not let him.
* Scott Lobdell was fired from Alpha Flight over controversy regarding Northstar “coming out.”
* In the 1970s, Marvel had a designated “first page” letterer.
* Grant Morrison and Mark Millar had a pitch for a revamp of Marvel’s 2099 line of comics.
* Due to Don Perlin, a profanity accidentally snuck into an issue of Defenders.
* Namor and the Human Torch had the first team-up in comic history!
* Marvel has never intended to publish the final chapter to “The Last Galactus Story” serial that ran in Epic Illustrated magazine.
* Marvel published a game tie-in years after the company that made the game was defunct.
* Grant Morrison and Mark Millar pitched an “evil Professor X attacks superheroes” story a year before Onslaught!
* Marvel had another cross-promotion superhero/singer in the 90s.
* Kurt Busiek adapted his idea for Marvels II into Astro City: The Dark Age, years after the fact.
* Geraldo Rivera made an appearance in an issue of Count Duckula.
* Ghost Rider was originally intended to have no ties to the supernatural.
* Jim Starlin once had Pip the Troll drink a particularly offensive drink.
* The Hopi tribe tried to force Marvel to pull an issue of SuperPro from the stands.
* The original Secret Wars had only two sentences of dialogue end in a period.
* Namor the Sub Mariner was created as a movie tie-in.
* The last issue of Marvel Comics’ Star Wars sold so poorly that it was not even released on newsstands.
* Marvel’s president once canceled a movie tie-in comic mid-series once he realized what the movie was about.
* John Jakes wrote comics for Marvel.
* Daimon Hellstrom was a riff on Damien from The Omen.
* Scorpion was originally going to be the child of Viper and Silver Samurai
* The clone of the Guardian was originally going to be a member of the New Warriors.
* Jesus Christ was a supporting character in Ghost Rider.
* The second volume of Ghost Rider was not supposed to be an ongoing series./a>
* Howard Mackie took an issue to trash anything that had happened in Ghost Rider since he left the book.
* Steve Englehart’s Silver Surfer book was designed as the Surfer exploring outer space.
* Marvel had an agreement with Frank Miller that they would not bring Elektra back unless Miller wanted to do so
* Marvel Comics once had a line of female superhero comic books.
* Thor appeared in a Marvel Comic BEFORE the Silver Age!
* Marvel published a toy tie-in comic book without an actually toy to tie-into!
* Al Milgrom was blacklisted from Marvel Comics after he snuck an insult of Bob Harras into a comic book.
* Marvel had a line of female heroine comic books in the 1970s.
* Kitty Pryde was in the original treatment for Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars, but was removed before the comic was released.
* Marvel took a British comic book character and basically just put her into Alpha Flight wholesale.