Official Press Release
Marvel’s making sure all comic book stores worldwide are armed for the biggest super hero war of all time with the Avengers VS X-Men Launch PartiesÂ on Tuesday, April 3rdÂ at 8pm (local time), one day before the first issue goes on-sale. In addition to being the first in line to purchaseÂ Avengers VS X-Men #1, fans will also be able to receive special items exclusive to these parties, specific to the team-Avengers or X-Men-supported by the store.
To ensure these parties are the biggest sales success of 2012, each retailer opting into this event will receive a freeÂ Avengers VS X-Men Party KitÂ from Marvel, containing exclusive promotional materials.. In order to receive this party kit, every retailer just needs to choose a team-Avengers or X-Men-and will receive special bonuses for their allegiance.
“We’ve never had a bigger story thanÂ Avengers VS X-MenÂ and we’re backing retailers with the biggest incentives you’ve ever seen through theÂ Avengers VS X-Men Launch Parties,” said David Gabriel, Marvel Senior Vice-President of Sales. “Whether it’s advertising, promotional material or limited edition variant covers, every one of our valued retailer partners will be able to get the word out to both their regular customers and new fans about this comic event and the exciting Avengers VS X-Men Launch Parties. Some stores will choose to side with the Avengers and some will side with the X-Men, but I can guarantee one thing-Marvel will make sure all of them have everything they need to makeÂ Avengers VS X-Men #1Â their top selling comic of the year.”
All retailers who opt into the parties & choose a team will receive the following as part of theÂ Avengers VS X-Men Party Kit:
- Avengers VS X-Men Program, a free comic previewing the upcoming event
- Avengers VS X-MenÂ Postcards
- Avengers VS X-MenÂ Customizable Flyer
- Avengers VS X-MenÂ Customizable Press Release
- Avengers VS X-MenÂ Backlist Sales
- Avengers VS X-MenÂ mini posters
- Avengers VS X-MenÂ promo items
- Avengers VS X-Men #1 Advance Screening Copy, delivered to retailers in late March 2012
- Avengers VS X-MenÂ Party Lithographs
- Mass media promotion around the launch ofÂ AvXÂ and the associated parties
- Promotion of parties to Marvel fan base viaÂ Marvel.com, Twitter and Facebook
- An additional discount on theÂ Road to Avengers VS X-MenÂ Trade Paperback
And these same retailers will receive complimentary Â team specific versions-based on their allegiance-of the following:
- ExclusiveÂ Avengers VS X-Men #1 Spotlight VariantÂ specific to the team supported by the store
- FreeÂ Avengers VS X-MenÂ mini-posters showing store allegiance
- FreeÂ Avengers VS X-MenÂ Party Tickets
- FreeÂ Avengers or X-Men TeamÂ Pins
- FreeÂ Avengers VS X-MenÂ in-store signage and shelf-talkers
Retailers, please check the Marvel Mailer or Diamond Daily for regular updates about theÂ Avengers VS X-Men Launch Parties.
Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter withÂ #AvX!
For more onÂ Avengers VS X-Men, please visitÂ avx.marvel.com
To find a comic shop near you, visitÂ www.comicshoplocator.comÂ or call 1-888-comicbook.Â â€¨â€¨Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visitÂ www.marvel.com