SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL
Superhero Hype has a few new photos of Amy Adams on the set. Here’s one of the actress presumably between takes:
And I’m sure there are some who will still quibble about the hair.
Directed by Zack Snyder, release date: June 14th 2013
Now, some of you may recall that the Marvel team-up film is the first distributed by the company’s new corporate parent, Disney. That said, if you look at the trailer released yesterday, it still has the Paramount logo. What gives? According to Variety, the credit (and a substantial profit sharing clause) are part of the studio’s deal with Disney when the two companies renegotiated Marvel’s original distribution agreement with Paramount. “[It] granted Par placement on the marketing materials for both [‘The Avengers’ and ‘Iron Man 3’], even though Marvel’s films are fully owned by Disney and will be solely distributed and marketed by the Mouse House,” they write. “Because of the ownership, Disney wants Marvel to get the spotlight, since Marvel = Disney. ”
Directed by Joss Whedon & starring everybody, release date: May 4th, 2012
THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN
The Digital Spy has a new clip from the film:
Directed by Steven Spielberg, release date: December 21, 2011
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
Razvan Dragu of the Dark Knight Rises Community on Facebook offers some new information on the Romanian Salt Mine that reportedly doubles as the Batcave in the film. He writes:
– there were three actors that ahd scenes in the Batcave. One of them was a woman. It was not Catwoman, sicne the only costume available there was the Batsuit. The woman was dressed casual/civilian.
– the crew shot there for a week, no vehicles present. Two scenes shot in the elevator.
– the mines equipment and “amusement park” was covered in green and blue screen, with the exception of the medical center, which was kept in the shots
– the mining tunnel (used for truck to get salt out) was shot but no vehicles present, like I stated before. I think Nolan is either hiding a new Batmobile or, more likely, plans to CGI the Batwing over the shots.
– the staircase near the elevator was not covered in any green screen, which seems odd, since the original staircase in BB was metallic, this one is wooden.
– some screens were added to the cave (probably batcomputer)
– all had green screens
– Bale appears dressed as a civilian, in the Batsuit with the cowl and…wait for it…without the cowl ! (hope its a front shot, cuz we never saw him from the front without the mask!)
– The miners were given a free day in the last two days of shooting (no witnesses?) and it was said another actor is joining the cast. The female actress only shot in one day
– the boats one the water were removed as a request during the filming.
Huh. I was never able to pin down if the mine was actually going to be used as a location, so this is something of a surprise. It’s a great site, though, and would make for the most epic depiction of the Batcave yet seen on the screen.
Release date: July 20th, 2012
THE LONE RANGER
According to Deadline, the film is officially back on with a $215 million budget and a start date early next year. Reportedly, the script features werewolves and other effects heavy elements bringing up the price tag considerably. Y’know, it’s a shame the studios believe audiences won’t go see an action movie set in the Old West and starring Johnny Depp unless it features monsters. I guess those other elements don’t seem interesting.
Release date: December 21st, 2012?
DC SHOWCASE: CATWOMAN
Release date: October 18th, 2011
THE WALKING DEAD
Bleeding Cool points to a hilarious story at The New York Times in which Microsoft attempted to insert its search engine, Bing, into season one episodes of the show. “We pitched them last year where maybe the characters could find a library with a generator and do a Bing search,” explained Sean Carver, one of Bing’s marketing directors. However, this seemingly bad fit has given way to a cheeky Bing commercial to air during episodes this year in which a zombie extra flirts with a “real” zombie. You have to love to power of marketing people. They, like life, will always find a way.
Premieres: October 16th, 2011
OFF TO NEW YORK!
I’m joining CBR’s crew of reporters at New York Comic-Con over the weekend. As always, I’ll go into Twitter mode, so feel free to follow me at @futurethreat or look me up on the Google+ as I post stuff there as well. Meanwhile, if any of you in the great, wide Internet discover something awesome, disheartening, or just plain weird, let us know! Take credit, come up with a clever nickname, or go anonymous. The choice is yours. Fresh rumors and movie news every weekday morning. I am Erik Amaya, bracing for the future threat of an “authentic” bagel.