Official Press Release
KAPOW! 2012 TICKETS GO ON SALE
After the sell-out success of Kapow! Comic Convention 2011, the website and ticket sales for this annual event are now available through the website www.kapowcomicconvention.com. Returning to the bright and beautiful Business Design Centre in Islington on 19th & 20th May 2012 this event is looking to expand on its triumphant first year.
The comic-book, film, TV and gaming guests and events are being announced in a series of waves over the coming months, with the first 24 comic-book legends being publicised with the website going live and more to be announced in February – the TV and film guests will be start being announced from 3rd May. C.B. Cebulski, Talent Scout for Marvel Comics, explains “Marvel are really excited about coming back to London for Kapow! 2012, we had a fantastic time last year and have some great ideas to build upon this and make Kapow! a ‘must’ event”.
Kapow! 2011 saw a whole host of activities taking place over a packed weekend with over 20 panels, and more than 40 free signings from the biggest comic book creators in the world including Dave Gibbons, Frank Quitely, John Romita Jr., Olivier Coipel, Mark Millar, Paul Cornell, Kieron Gillen and many more.
Kapow! 2011 events included:
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, the two lead stars of Thor answered questions and brought along exclusive footage from blockbuster
- Exclusive Green Lantern footage and the Emerald Knights premiere
- UK premiere of summer hit Super
- World premiere of Steven Spielberg’s Falling Skies
- Q&A’s with hot directors and writers Joe Cornish (Attack the Block), Duncan Jones (Source Code), Noel Clarke (Doctor Who), Mark Gatiss (Doctor Who), James Wan and Leigh Whannell (Insidious), Danny McBride (Your Highness), James Watkins (Woman in Black), Toby Whithouse (Bring Human)
- Setting of two Guinness Worlds Records; Most Contributors to a Comic Book and Fastest Produced Comic Book
- Jonathan Ross’ Comic Pros v Comic Fans Game Show
Mark Millar, Kapow!’s ambassadors explains “The groundwork for Kapow! was laid in year one, but the plans we have for year two are just spectacular. This is going to be amazing. More details as we get closer to the event itself, but basically you need to book this weekend off work immediately.”
Tickets for Kapow! are only available in advance and through the website www.kapowcomicconvention.com. Ticket for Kapow! 2011 sold out ahead of the event, so get your tickets now.
For more information on Kapow! please contact email@example.com