Official Press Release
The Hero Initiative, the charitable organization dedicated to helping veteran comic creators in medical or financial need, is rolling into Comic-Con International: San Diego in a BIG way.
Hero will be at booth #5003 at the San Diego Con, July 20-24 at the San Diego Convention Center with a variety of great activities for attendees.
• Hero’s exclusive hardcover edition of the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #41 will make its world premiere at San Diego! The limited edition of only 500 copies, with great and exclusive new art by comics legend John Romita, Sr., will be available at $35 a copy. Last year’s exclusive Guides FLEW out the door, so get to booth #5003 QUICKLY!
• San Diego is also the world premiere for Hero Comics 2011 from IDW Publishing and comics’ most beloved editor, Scott Dunbier. The new fundraising book features 32 pages of all-new material, including an exclusive “Elephantmen” story by Richard Starkings and Dougie Braithwaite, and a NEW “Chew” story from John Layman and Rob Guillory. But MOST importantly, Hero Comics reunites the original “Sandman” creative team of Neil Gaiman, Mike Dringenberg and Sam Kieth for “My Last Landlady,” their first collaboration in more than 20 years! Hero Comics 2011 is available with covers by J. Scott Campbell or Adam Hughes at a mere $4. A small amount of Campbell sketch variants will be available for $8 each.
• Hero is your EXCLUSIVE conduit to get your books submitted under CGC’s prestigious Signature Series when signed by Dave Gibbons or Joe Quesada! See CGC’s Website or drop off at the CGC booth at San Diego NO later than Friday, July 22 to take advantage of this special, limited offer!
• Hero’s famous “fantasy camp” eBay auctions can get you private time with Joe Quesada, a sketch from Dave Gibbons, or secrets from the Fables team of Bill Willingham and Mark Buckingham, all aboard Hero’s luxury yacht with some great food and drink, besides! Check out Hero’s eBay auctions to bid NOW!
• And of course, no convention is complete without a bountiful bevy of talented writers and artists parked at the Hero booth to sign autographs and do sketches. Check out your faves at these times:
WED., JUL 20 (con hours 530-900)
600-900: Scott “Kaiser” Koblish
THUR., JUL 21 (con hours 900-700)
930-1030: Bill Morrison
1030-1130: Jamal Igle
1130-130: Mark Buckingham
130-330: Albert Morales and Victor Olazaba
330-530: Tim Seeley
530-630: Roy Thomas
FRI., JUL 22 (con hours 900-700)
930-1130: Dan Jurgens
1130-1230: Jimmy Palmiotti
1230-130: Sage Michael
130-330: Tony Parker
330-430: Andy Smith
430-530: Frank Tieri
530-700: Kevin Eastman
SAT., JUL 23 (con hours 900-700)
1000-1100: Albert Morales and Victor Olazaba
1130-100: Kevin Eastman
200-330: Greg Pak
330-430: Andy Smith
430-530: Marv Wolfman
530-700: Ken Lashley
SUN., JUL 24 (con hours 900-500)
1000-1130: Alan Davis
1130-130: Albert Morales and Victor Olazaba
130-230: Sage Michael
330-430: Walt and Louise Simonson
About The Hero Initiative
The Hero Initiative is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. Hero creates a financial safety net for yesterday’s creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. It’s a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.
Since its inception, The Hero Initiative has had the good fortune to grant over $400,000 to the comic book veterans who have paved the way for those in the industry today. For more information, visit www.heroinitiative.org or call 626-676-6354.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!