Welcome to the inaugural edition of Freaky Friday, where we collect and share a week’s worth of cool art, goofball items and generally odd links so you can get your weekend off on the right foot. What else are you going to try to do today, work?
* Over at the Arthur Magazine blog, Joseph Remnant talks about the new edition of Patrick Rosenkrantz’s Rebel Visions, comic-strip style.
* Ooooo, Vintage Space Age Illustrations!
* Because no one demanded it: Photo illustration re-enactments of classic Far Side cartoons.
* Domingos Isabelinho shares some gorgeous Martin Tom Dieck art. Why hasn’t some American publisher picked up his work yet?
* A couple of new sites worth noting: First off, Canada’s Joe Schuster Awards have their own blog up now; secondly, ConsequentialArt’s Sequential Art Class has Josiah Leighton expounding on folks like Anders Nilsen in a fascinating manner; finally, and perhaps most importantly, David Campbell is blogging again, though sadly, not about comics. At least not as much.
* Funnybook Babylon wants to know: “What is the best anglophone superhero/genre comic book/run done by a creator over the age of fifty?” But maybe that’s too general a question for you.
* Your video link of the day: P. Craig Russell explains sequential narration.
* Finally, it’s not comics, but remember: You Have to Burn the Rope!
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!