Between panels, autographs, world premieres, sneak previews, merchandise, booths and meeting other fans, the San Diego Comic Con offers a full plate for the movie fan. Here are six things — a small sampling, really — for the movie fan to do at the con:
1. Check out some clips from Iron Man 2: I haven’t seen any announcements about who exactly will be at the Iron Man 2 panel yet, but no doubt with principal photography finished up, a few of the folks involved probably have an opening in their schedule. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Jon Favreau, Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Mickey Rourke or any of the other cast members show up for the con. And no doubt they’ll bring something cool to show the audience. (4-5 p.m. Saturday, Hall H).
2. Hear from a few visionaries: Entertainment Weekly has a panel scheduled for Friday at 6:30 p.m. called “Entertainment Weekly: The Visionaries,” where directors James Cameron and Peter Jackson will sit down to chat. But they aren’t the only visionaries appearing at the con; you can also hear from Robert Zemeckis and Tim Burton on Thursday at 11 a.m., and animation visionaries Hayao Miyazaki and John Lasseter at 12:45 on Friday. In any case, come prepared to be inspired.
3. See the complete director’s cut of Watchmen, live with director’s commentary: If you don’t want to just hear about movies, you can also watch them at the con, too. From 8:30-12:15 Saturday night, Zack Snyder will host a live “director’s cut” of his own, showing the complete film … and even folks who bought the Watchmen DVD will be able to participate in this at home. (Room 6BCF)
4. Feel the force: Friday is Star Wars Day at the con, which means they’ll have several panels focused on the classic space opera. But one panel in particular is going to be a must-see — the first-ever panel broadcast live from Comic Con. Lucasfilm: “Star Wars Spectacular” promises to reveal all the “latest news from the Star Wars universe—including some of Lucasfilm’s most tightly guarded secrets.” And what’s cool about this panel is you don’t even have to be in San Diego to watch it … just tune into G4. For those of us who might have a conflict, just remember to set the TiVo before you leave. (5:15-6:15 p.m. Saturday, Hall H).
5. See Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins before everyone else: So maybe Watchmen doesn’t do it for you, or you have kids in tow and want to find something they can enjoy. On Sunday, the direct-to-DVD prequel to the Scooby Doo movies will be shown in its entirety. Zoinks! (Sunday, 12:30-2:30 p.m. Room 6DE)
6. Get scared: This Comic-Con horror is in full effect, as zombies, werewolves, vampires and other things that go bump in the night make their way to San Diego. The cast of Zombieland will be on hand to talk about their upcoming horror comedy. Leslie Nielsen will be there to promote his next film, Stan Helsing. Sony’s Legion, which features angels and the Apocalypse, sounds pretty cool, while Thursday night bring Halloween early, as Trick ‘r Treat is shown in its entirety. And if you want vampires and werewolves, fight your way into the New Moon panel on Thursday.
Although if you want real horror, there’s always those squids …
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!