With a March 2015 release date on the schedule, production needs to begin soon on Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot — and that means we’re sure to hear some official casting announcements before long.
Until then, there’s this: Citing those ubiquitous unnamed “sources,” Variety passes along the names of some of the actors who have reportedly received test offers to read for the lead roles of Reed Richards and Sue Storm. The actors for Reed Richard are:
- Kit Harington of Game of Thrones
- Jack O’Connell of the upcoming 300: Rise of an Empire
- Miles Teller of The Spectacular Now, previously rumored for the role
The actors testing for Sue Storm are:
- Kate Mara of American Horror Story and House of Cards
- Saoirse Ronan of Hanna and Star Wars rumors fame
There’s no word on which of these actors stands a better chance than the others. Furthermore, there’s nothing on who may be testing for the role of Ben Grimm. As for Johnny Storm, there remains one name and one name only on director Josh Trank’s list: his Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan.
Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Star Wars Rebels) was recently hired to rewrite the script. Production is likely to begin in the first quarter of 2014.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!