Danny Rand has an all-new Marvel Comics series arriving in March 2017, and today CBR has the exclusive first look at series artist Mike Perkins‘ variant cover for “Iron Fist” #1, offering fans an idea of what to expect when they open the first issue of the hero’s new title.
The new series, written by Ed Brisson with art by Perkins, will pick up where the character’s previous solo series, Kaare Andrews’ “Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,” left off, with Danny stumbling upon a civilization of people who somehow seem to be well-versed in the Iron Fist lineage.
The new series will also dig further into Danny’s past, looking to Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction and David Aja’s acclaimed series, “Immortal Iron Fist,” for story inspiration.
Take a look at Perkins cover, colored by Andy Troy, and the debut issue’s solicitation text, below.
IRON FIST #1
- ED BRISSON (W) • MIKE PERKINS (A)
- COVER BY JEFF DEKAL
- VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
- BLACK AND WHITE VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
- VARIANT COVER BY MIKE PERKINS
- HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY TBA
- THE GAUNTLET STARTS HERE!
- K’un Lun is in ruins. The chi fueling Danny’s fists is wavering. Is there a future for the Iron Fist? Danny Rand pushes himself to the breaking point, finding fights to prove his worth. But a bigger fight than he can handle may have found him…
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!