The International Horror Guild on Wednesday announced their IHG 2002 Award nominees, recognizing outstanding achivements in the field of horror and dark fantasy from 2001, and one category in particular will interest comic fans. Among the categories like Best Novel, First Novel, Anthology and others can be found one called Illustrated Narrative which obviously takes a look at the best horror stories from our favorite little hobby. This year projects with names attached to them like Ellis, Ennis, Mariotte and others have come under the eye of the IHG. Those books nominated in the Illustrated Narrative category are:
- “Dark Blue” (one book) by Warren Ellis (writer) and Jacen Burrows (artist) (Avatar Press)
- “Just A Pilgrim” (5-issue miniseries) by Garth Ennis (writer) and Carlos Ezquerra (artist) (Titan Books)
- “Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Oz” (3-issue miniseries) by Christopher Golden (writer) and Logan Lubera (artist) (Dark Horse Comics)
- “The First Adventure of Miss Catterina Poe” (The Dreaming #56) by Caitlín R. Kiernan (writer) and Steve Leialoha (artist) (DC/Vertigo)
- “Desperadoes: Quiet of the Grave” (#1-5) by Jeff Mariotte (writer) and John Severin (artist) (DC)
The IHG’s annual awards will be presented during the World Horror Convention held April 11-14 of this year at the Radisson O’Hare near Chicago, IL. The full list of nominees in this years awards can be found on their Web site at http://www.ihgonline.org/
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!