Official Press Release
This VERTIGO primer serves as a great introduction to six acclaimed VERTIGO series, and features tales by Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Brian K. Vaughan, Brian Azzarello, Warren Ellis, and Si Spencer, with art by Eduardo Risso, Chris Bachalo, Steve Bissette & John Totleben, Pia Guerra, Darick Robertson and others.
“For those readers who haven’t gotten a taste of these incredible titles, your excuses are up!” says Karen Berger, VP – Executive Editor, VERTIGO. “This is the perfect opportunity to get the first bite of some of VERTIGO’s definitive and popular series, and experience the first sensation of some powerful and riveting work.”
“FIRST TASTE is a tremendous value for readers,” says Bob Wayne, DC’s VP – Sales & Marketing. “$4.99 is a great price for six classic stories – in fact, it’s less than the price of two new VERTIGO titles.”
The stories collected in the VERTIGO: FIRST TASTE TP are:
- 100 BULLETS #1, written by Brian Azzarello with art by Eduardo Risso
- THE BOOKS OF MAGIC: LIFE DURING WARTIME #1, plotted by Neil Gaiman & Si Spencer and written by Spencer with art by Dean Ormston
- DEATH: THE HIGH COST OF LIVING #1, written by Gaiman with art by Chris Bachalo & Mark Buckingham
- SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING #21, written by Alan Moore with art by Steve Bissette & John Totleben
- TRANSMETROPOLITAN #1, written by Warren Ellis with art by Darick Robertson & Jerome K. Moore
- Y: THE LAST MAN #1, written by Brian K. Vaughan with art by Pia Guerra & José Marzan Jr.
The VERTIGO: FIRST TASTE TP will be solicited in the February issue of Previews (Volume XV #2). It is suggested for mature readers, and is scheduled to arrive in stores on April 6 with a cover price of $4.99 U.S.