Official Press Release
Members of the DC Comics freelancer community and staff are getting ready for Wizard World LA, coming up from March 18-20. DC writers and artists scheduled to attend the con include:
- Joe Casey (THE INTIMATES)
- John Cassaday (PLANETARY)
- Amanda Conner (TWO-STEP)
- Paul Dini (WORLD’S GREATEST SUPER-HEROES HC)
- Christos N. Gage (DEADSHOT)
- Alé Garza (BATGIRL)
- Justin Gray (HAWKMAN)
- Geoff Johns (THE FLASH, JSA, TEEN TITANS, DC COUNTDOWN)
- J.G. Jones (WONDER WOMAN, VILLAINS UNITED covers)
- Karl Kerschl (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN)
- Livesay (THE FLASH)
- Jeph Loeb (SUPERMAN/BATMAN)
- Josh Middleton (MNEMOVORE)
- Grant Morrison (ALL STAR SUPERMAN, VIMANARAMA)
- Jimmy Palmiotti (HAWKMAN)
- George Pérez (JLA/AVENGERS)
- Alex Ross (JUSTICE, WORLD’S GREATEST SUPER-HEROES HC)
- Greg Rucka (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, DC COUNTDOWN, GOTHAM CENTRAL, THE OMAC PROJECT)
- Tim Sale (CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME)
- Gail Simone (BIRDS OF PREY, ACTION COMICS, VILLAINS UNITED)
- Mark Verheiden (SUPERMAN, Smallville)
- Mark Waid (LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES)
DC’s editorial staff will be represented by Dan DiDio, VP – Executive Editor, DCU; Scott Dunbier, Executive Editor, WildStorm; Eddie Berganza, Group Editor, DCU; DCU Editors Joan Hilty and Stephen Wacker; WildStorm Editor Alex Sinclair; and VERTIGO Editor Jonathan Vankin. WildStorm’s VP – General Manager Hank Kanalz will be at the show too, as will Executive Editor – Editorial Adminstration Jack Mahan.
The Sales & Marketing Department will be led by Stephanie Fierman, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing. Attending the show will be Bob Wayne, VP – Sales; Patricia Jeres, Director – Marketing Communications; Fletcher Chu-Fong, Manager, Events & Retailer Services; Vince Letterio, Manager, Direct Sales; and Vinnie Costa, Representative, Events & Retailer Services.
And if you’re planning to be at Wizard World LA, you won’t want to miss these exciting panels presented by DC:
SUPERMAN: BEYOND THE MAN OF TOMORROW
Saturday, Mar. 19, 12:30-1:30pm
Superman’s never-ending battles continue every month in ACTION COMICS, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, SUPERMAN, and SUPERMAN/BATMAN. Find out what’s on the horizon for the Man of Tomorrow in this special Q&A session with Dan DiDio, DC’s VP – Executive Editor, DCU, Group Editor Eddie Berganza with writer Gail Simone, Greg Rucka and more!
DC COMICS: A LOOK AHEAD
Saturday, Mar. 19, 3:30-4:30pm
Take a look inside the ever-expanding DCU with some of our heaviest hitters! Join Dan DiDio, DC’s VP – Executive Editor, DCU and Bob Wayne, VP – Sales, with some of today’s stellar artists and writers. This spectacular slideshow presentation includes many Wizard World LA guests and DC talent such as Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, and more!
OUTSIDE THE UNIVERSE
Sunday, Mar. 20, 12:30-1:30pm
VERTIGO and WildStorm – always on the cutting edge. And these vanguard comics lines aren’t slowing down in 2005. Join Patricia Jeres, DC’s Director – Marketing Communications, for this slideshow presentation with Editor Jonathan Vankin, Scott Dunbier, Executive Editor – WildStorm, Editor Alex Sinclair and more to find out what you can expect from the unexpected in the upcoming year.
For more information, please go to http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/la.cfm.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!