Official Press Release
Hey, True Believer!
Ben Abernathy and Matty Ryan sure are busy fellas. Overseeing our trade paperback machine, these two guys oversee an office busier than Santa’s workshop on Christmas Eve!
In fact, they’re producing so many new trades (and new printings of sold out trades), that not all of their covers fit in our monthly catalog!
Fortunately, they were nice enough to pass them on to me… which means you get to see them too!
Here’s two cool covers (with more on the way)!
Cover by Andy Kubert
* THE SCOOP: Collecting the great run by writer Dan Jurgens and artist Andy Kubert!
* THE STORY: The Dark Elf known as Malekith hungers to conquer fabled Asgard
— and he’ll unleash the freezing power of the Cask of Ancient Winters to do
it! Meanwhile, sensing opportunity, Ulik the Troll leads his army against
the Realm Eternal! But with Thor tending to matters on Earth — and mighty
Odin fast asleep — it’s up to Lady Sif and the alien Beta Ray Bill to save
* THE BUZZ: “Jurgens does a great job and seems to be having an enormous
amount of fun… and Kubert’s art is amazing, capturing the majesty of Thor
and his Asgardian brethren wonderfully.” -Comics Buyer’s Guide
* THE FORMAT: 160-page trade paperback.
On Sale Sept. 26th $16.95
Cover by George Pérez
* THE SCOOP: It’s the next volume of great AVENGERS issues by Kurt Busiek and George Pérez!
* THE STORY: Why can’t Earth’s Mightiest Heroes catch a break? First, New
York City honors the Avengers — and the Grim Reaper spoils their parade!
Then munitions master Moses Magnum sets his sights on our team! And then
they’re attacked by the awesome Avatars of Lord Templar! But even when
Wonder Man, Triathlon and the Vision join the team, Hawkeye quits! It’s one
trial after another as we collect AVENGERS (Vol. 3) #8 – #15 in one big book!
* THE FORMAT: 208-page trade paperback.
On Sale Sept. 19th $19.95
By the way, we just recieved rankings for comics sold in August 2001… and all I can say (right now) is wow!
Earth’s Mightiest Marketing Communications Manager