Official Press Release
comiXology today announced that its native iPhone application will be on sale from the iTunes App Store Friday, December 5th. It will sell for $1 off, at $3.99, for the first week only.
See a video preview at http://comixology.com/iphoneapp
Never again wonder which comics are coming out! comiXology provides you all the shipping information and artwork for comics and merchandise, including covers, creator and story info — and many preview pages! You can even save what you want to buy and review the list later.
- browse all shipping comics (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, IDW, and all the other independents – comiXology.com has the most complete listings on the web)
- review descriptions and covers for this week, last week and next week
- preview pages from many comics each week
- “Pull” comic books (free comiXology.com account required)
- read comiXology’s insightful articles
- listen to comiXology’s weekly interview podcast, It Came Out on Wednesday
- discover new comics by checking out comics pulled by other people
- keep comic listings, covers and your pull list on your iPhone, even without a network connection
“I’m thrilled to release this iPhone application to the public,” said Iconology CEO David Steinberger. “I knew when I got my hands on the iPhone that it’s the perfect vehicle for comiXology.com, and will be a great tool for preparing to shop for comics on Wednesdays.”
Comixology is the premiere website where comic book fans can review upcoming comic books, trade paperbacks, toys and related merchandise. Users can browse the best listings of comics on the Web, create virtual pull lists, rate and discuss comic books, and use Comixology’s tools to post covers and descriptions of comics to their blogs and websites. Comixology aims to transform the relationship between comic book readers, retailers and publishers. Comixology is owned by Iconology, Inc.