Official Press Release
For our 5-year Anniversary and 3-year App-iversary, comiXology is heading West to Comic-Con International 2012 in San Diego which starts this Wednesday. For those going we’ll be at booth #2547, so stop by. We also have lots of panels and events planned! If you’re unable to go, we’ve got something exciting going on every day this week. Expect news from the floor, sales, announcements and more
So, if you’ll be at SDCC, make sure you join us at our 5-year Anniversary and 3-year App-iversary Tweetup. One lucky attendee will win an iPad by the end of the event. (And if you miss the Tweetup, don’t fret, just come by the booth and register to win our other free iPad we’re giving away at Comic-Con.
Not attending Comic-Con? You can win comics everyday by just checking outcomiXologyÂ and answering questions onÂ Twitter. Keep your eye out on what’s in the featured section of our platform. One lucky winner will receive $100 worth of comics if they correctly list all the different featured changes we have for the week. So come back early and often and pay attention toÂ TwitterÂ for your chance to win.
Here’s the run down of events:
Thursday – July 12 from 4pm to 6pm -Â ComiXology TweetupÂ at the Hilton Bayfront Odysea Bar
- Join and meet the comiXology team as well as your fellow comiXology fans and comic enthusiasts! As a sincere “thank you” to our fans, one lucky attendee will win an iPad during the Tweetup! RSVP onÂ Facebook.
Thursday – July 12 at 2pm -Â Creating Comics the ComiXology WayÂ – Room 11AB
- From early experiments likeÂ Box 13,Â Valentine, andÂ Power PlayÂ to more recent efforts like Marvel’sÂ Infinite Comics, comiXology’s Guided View has ushered in a new era in comic book creation. Join comiXology co-founders David Steinberger and John D. Roberts andÂ Power PlayÂ artist Reilly Brown as they show you the ins and outs of creating comics using the Guided View tools and discuss comiXology’s plans for these tools.
Thursday – July 12 at 7pm -Â Indie Comics Marketing and PR 101Â – Room 8
- Some of the best and brightest reveal all the secrets of doing marketing and PR for your comics. ComiXology’s marketing and PR maven Chip Mosher is joined by Dark Horse’s Director of PR Jeremy Atkins, Image Comics’ PR and Marketing Director Jennifer de Guzman, IDW Publishing’s VP of Marketing Dirk Wood, Archaia’s Marketing Manager Mel Caylo and comics writer David Gallaher.
Friday – July 13 at 1:30pm -Â Comic Book EntrepreneursÂ – Room 8
- Get a rare look behind the scenes of building successful businesses around the love of comic books. Author and futurist Rob Salkowitz leads the discussion with CEO and co-founder David Steinberger of comiXology, Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Comics, Peter Levin of Nerdist Industries, and comic retailer Joe Field of Flying Colors Comics, founder of Free Comic Book Day and WonderCon.
Friday – July 13 at 6pm -Â Are Digital Comics Expanding the Market?Â – Room 9
- Author and futurist Rob Salkowitz leads a provocative, no-holds-barred discussion with the leaders of the digital comics revolution: comiXology co-founders David Steinberger and John D. Roberts, Dark Horse Publisher Mike Richardson, and IDW Publisher Ted Adams.
Saturday – July 14 at 11am -Â ComiXology Open Discussion: Everything DigitalÂ – Room 23ABC
- With over 75 million comics and graphic novels downloaded since its debut, comiXology has revolutionized how people read and buy comic books. Recently hailed byÂ The New York TimesÂ as the iTunes of comics, here is your opportunity to discover what is next! Join comiXology co-founders David Steinberger and John D. Roberts for an open discussion on everything digital. All topics are game! Don’t miss out!
Sunday – July 15 at 11am -Â Digital Comics Price FightÂ – Room 7AB
- Join Mark Waid, Scott Kurtz, IDW Publishing’s ePublishing Director Jeff Webber and Top Shelf Productions Director of Digital Chris Ross, for a lively discussion on the price of digital comics. Moderating this fight is comiXology’s Chip Mosher.
Every day we have announcements, sales and more during the convention! You can also follow comiXology onÂ TwitterÂ and join the discussion onÂ FacebookÂ and make sure to check out our site and apps often for the latest news and updates.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!