While Barry Allen will still get his introduction on the December 4 and December 11 episodes of “Arrow,” the plan for a “The Flash” backdoor pilot later during this season of “Arrow” has changed. Instead, “The Flash” will receive its own standalone pilot due to positive advance response from Grant Gustin’s appearance in “Arrow” as Barry Allen. The pilot will still be written by “Arrow” executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg as well as DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. No release date has been set.
However, Gustin is scheduled to appear on “Arrow” in a few weeks, and the CW has released the first photos of Gustin as Barry Allen. Check out the snapshots from “The Scientist” below.
Spoiler TV has posted a sneak peek at this week’s episode of “Arrow,” “State Vs. Queen,” featuring Diggle, Felicity and Oliver.
Airs Wednesdays on the CW
LOCKE & KEY
While speaking with MTV about his current work on the “Tales of the Darkside” reboot, “Darkside,” Joe Hill gave an update on the status of the “Locke & Key” movie — which may have a semi-delay due to the never-aired Fox pilot.
“It’s been snared in an endless series of contractual negotiations. Universal took a long, long time to come through with an acceptable contract for myself and IDW,” Hill told MTV. “Now they’re dealing with a bureaucracy as labyrinthine and implacable as their own: FOX TV. Uni wants to avoid spending $25 million on a movie, and then have FOX steal their thunder by releasing a three-year-old pilot.
“FOX wants to see some coin on all the money they sank into the pilot in the first place. The lawyers all have to validate their salaries. That said, Alex [Kurtzman] and Bob [Orci] are the two most tenacious people I’ve ever met, and if anyone can see ‘Locke & Key’ through the contractual maze, and on into production, it’s them.
“Of course all this could’ve been avoided if FOX had just made the series. I know I’m biased, but I kinda think they bet on the wrong ponies that season.”
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Here’s a new promo for tonight’s episode of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “The Well,” which ties in to the aftermath of “Thor: The Dark World.”
Samuel L. Jackson was on The Late Show with David Letterman recently, and spoke candidly about whether he’d be back for the next “Star Wars” movie — but he also revealed that some other actors also hadn’t been contacted about a return to the francise as of yet.
“After I left Germany, I actually went to London to start another film and I’m in the film with Mark Hamill,” Jackson told Letterman. “I asked Mark if he’d heard from J.J. Abrams, he said, ‘No.’ Then, all of a sudden, Ewan [McGregor] was there and I spoke to him on the phone, and I asked him if he was there doing ‘Star Wars,’ and he said, ‘No, they didn’t call me.’ I thought all three of us could go to the ‘Star Wars’ set one day and just stand around and see if they could use some old Jedi.”
Opens December 18, 2015
SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK
After a Broadway run filled with injuries, feuds and more, “Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark” will close in January. The show plans to reopen in Las Vegas with a target date of 2015.
“The show is, I would say, middling,” producer Jeremiah J. Harris told The New York Times. “We could run for probably another three to five years being stuck in the middle. We think it will play Las Vegas with a greater bang than it did in New York.”
Ticket sales have gone down recently, grossing $742,595 last week — 48 percent of the maximum possible amount. According to Harris, the decision to close was made by the producers, and not as a result of a stop clause from the Foxwoods Theater.
THE HUNGRY GAMES: CATCHING FUR
Sesame Street has released a parody of “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.” It’s Cookie Monster in a Katniss wig. What’s not to like?