In the wide world of comics there’s always a needed for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The comics you read everyday are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is always looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- Marvel – Web Software Architect
- Marvel – Web Interface Developer
- Marvel – Video Editor
- Marvel – Product Manager, Marvel Kids Websites
- Marvel – Motion Graphics Producer/Video Editor
- Marvel – Junior Publishing Data Analyst (Temporary)
- Marvel – Associate Product Manager
Note: DC’s job site doesn’t allow direct links. Go to http://www.timewarner.com/ and do a search for Careers, then DC Comics
- Events & Retailer Services Representative
- Executive Assistant
- Coordinator Talent Relations & Services
- Director, Franchise Management
- Executive Director, Business Development
- Supervisor, Administration
- Creative Director
- Publicity Manager
- Direct Sales Representative
Dark Horse Comics:
Note: For all Dark Horse jobs, simply go to http://www.darkhorse.com/Company/Jobs
- Application Developer
- Junior Web Developer
- Digital Art Technician
Diamond Comic Distributors:
An additional note: many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!