Official Press Release
The Halloween season is an ideal time for comic book specialty shops with its emphasis on costumes, the otherworldly, and supernatural tales. â€¨
To help celebrate local comic book shops as exciting destinations for Halloween events and merchandise, Diamond Comic Distributors and comicshoplocator.com have launched Halloween ComicFest and you can view the latest related news, events and activities online now at www.HalloweenComicFest.com.
“Comic book specialty shops traditionally hold a wide variety of fun events during October and the Halloween season,” said Dan Manser, Diamond’s Director of Marketing. “We wanted to help centralize that activity and energy and provide a way for customers to find out what’s going on at their local shop.”
HalloweenComicFest.com provides a central site where customers and fans can discover the Halloween events, contests, merchandise sales and more that are happening at their local comic book specialty shop:
- Go online now and use the Store Locator to find local comic book retailers and to view special events in your area.
- View the many special Halloween Comics and Mini-Comics that publishers have created for retailers to use during their events, titles such as Avengers/Spider-Man, Batman/Scooby Doo, Ghostbusters, Adventure Time and more.
- Enter the Greatest Costume Contest Ever! Photo Contest- Submit a photo of yourself in your best costume and you could win! A whopping 500 Random Prize Winners will win!
- Find out about the great Halloween Products and merchandise available in stores.
- Read up on the tales of suspense and fun found in the latest Comic Books.
Halloween ComicFest is sponsored by Diamond Comic Distributors and comicshoplocator.com with generous support from comic book publishers and manufacturers including Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, Marvel Comics, PREVIEWSworld.com, Antarctic Press, Ape Entertainment, Archaia Entertainment, Archie Comics, BOOM! Entertainment, Fantagraphics Books, Papercutz, Top Shelf Productions and VIZ Media.
For more information, visit www.HalloweenComicFest.com.
ABOUT DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS (DCD)-Diamond is at the nexus of comics and pop culture. Based in Baltimore, MD, DCD is the world’s largest distributor of English-language comic books, graphic novels, and related pop-culture merchandise, serving thousands of retailers worldwide. For more information, visit Diamond on the web at www.diamondcomics.com.