The fresh batch of survivors are described as:
- SEAN CABRERA: A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.
- CODY CABRERA: Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
- NANCY TOMPKINS: A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.
- NICK TOMPKINS: Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
- ASHLEY TOMPKINS: Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.
- ANDREA CHAPMAN: A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.
All of these characters are original, which falls in line with Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman’s previous statements that the spinoff will be completely unattached to the long-running comic book series. There is another character named Andrea in this cast, although she sounds drastically different from the original Andrea introduced in the comics and first television series.
Andrea is also the only character not related to any other character in the principal cast. Whereas most of the members of The Walking Dead’s sprawling ensemble were initially strangers, the majority of this comparatively tiny cast are blood relatives.
The official title and synopsis of the series remain a mystery, although TVLine previously reported a rumor that the series will take place in the early days of the outbreak. There is one thing we do know: the show won’t be set in Georgia like its sister series.
The new Walking Dead series has a tentative 2015 release date.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!