Dark Horse Comics has announced that starting next Summer they will begin publishing a new line of comics under the name “Rocket Comics.” Dark Horse said in a release “Rocket Comics will feature high-energy adventure stories that focus on strong characters who exist in extreme situations, but who at their core are just like the people reading their stories.”
The imprint will launch in July of 2003 with two titles, followed by two more in August and another two in September, for a total of six ongoing monthlies. The line will have a decidedly science fiction slant. The line-up consists of:
- A Mad Max style western starring Lone, a mysterious gunman with a secret past.
“Go Boy 7” – Written by Tom Peyer with art by Jon Sommariva.
- “Go Boy 7” stars Jonny Zero, a young boy whose life was saved with an injection of robotic nanoplasm turning him into a human action machine.
- Set in the future on a planet inhabited by machines and features a robot bounty hunter on the run.
“Hell” – Written by Brian Augustyn with art by Skottie Young.
- Features a young boy who ends up on a bizarre island inhabited by strange creatures and government experiments gone awry.
“Galactic” – Written by Jim Krueger with art by Sanford Greene.
- Features a boy pulled out of his reality to become part of an interplanetary police force.
“Crush” – Written by Jason Hall with art by Sunny Lee.
- “Crush” Tells the tale of young Elizabeth Crush an ordinary girl who undergoes an extraordinary and unexpected transformation on her eighteenth birthday.
“I’m really excited about the debut of Rocket Comics,” commented line editor Dave Land in the release. “The talent involved in these titles is amazing and I can’t wait for the fan’s reaction. These stories are just too cool!”
Additional details can be found on the official Web site at Rocketcomics.net. Look for more news on this line in the coming weeks.