Official press release
Fort Lauderdale, FL – Anime Supercon is proud to announce the addition of four new guests for the upcoming Nov. 30 – Dec. 2, 2007 event, including: Gene Ha, Wendy Lo, Heather Scott and George Moss.
Gene Ha is an American comics artist best known for his work on books such as Top 10, Top 10: The Forty-Niners, Batman: Fortunate Son, The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, Global Frequency, The Authority, Fables and The X-Men. The son of Korean immigrants, Gene was born in Chicago and brought up in South Bend, Indiana. He is a graduate of the Center for Creative Studies in Detroit. He currently resides in Oak Park, Illinois with his wife Lisa and two beagle-bassets.
Wendy Lo is the author of “Cafe Trinty: Serving up a Delicious Selection of Poems to Satisfy all your Senses.” The book was done by Wendy, the author, and her two illustrators: Mitsuba and Haruno Ranmaru. Wendy recently moved back to Miami, from Japan, where she spent three years, teaching English for the JET program. She can speak Chinese (cantonese), Japanese, and a sprinkle of Mandarin Chinese and Spanish. Wendy is currently working on her own Gothic and Lolita Accessory brand called “Angelic Mischief”.
Heather Scott is a long-time convention artist and has worked on a number of comics through Dragonmun Studios. Titles include Sivoa, Wyrm Eat Brain, Joe Gallagher’s Freeland, and hit webcomic Samurai Mushroom. Her most recent works include a children’s book about Halloween’s first super hero and is entitled Captain Halloween, which can be found in select bookstores.
George Moss is an accomplished artist and designer. George’s work can be found at www.seeketernalpurpose.com and www.gmossdesigns.com . George’s work has graced prints, posters, CD’s and T-Shirts.
Anime Supercon is a convention for anime, animation, comic book and manga fans taking place November 30 – December 2, 2007 in Ft. Lauderdale. FL. The show will include celebrity guests, artists, vendors, Q&A’s, parties, costume contests, giveaways, anime programming, manga, cosplay, workshops, panels, comic books, cosplay photoshoots and more.
Information on the show including vendor information, artist information and initial confirmed guests may be found at www.animesupercon.com
Guests already confirmed for the show include:
- April Stewart – Star of South Park. The voice of Wendy Testaberger, Liane Cartman, Sharon Marsh, Mrs. McCormick, Shelly Marsh, The Mayor, Principal Victoria, Mrs. Crabtree and more! Plus, April stars in EL Tigre, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Danny Phantom, Grim & Evil and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
- Tiffany Grant – Anime Voice Actress. Star of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Case Closed, Chrono Crusade, Full Metal Alchemist, Excel Saga, Cutey Honey, Suspira and dozens more!
- Christopher Ayres – Anime Voice Actor & Director. Gantz, Trinity Blood, Full Metal Panic, Papuwa and dozens more!
- Dana Snyder – Star of Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Master Shake). As well as Squidbillies, The Venture Brothers, Saul of the Mole Men, Minoriteam and Robot Chicken.
- George Lowe – Star of Space Ghost. As well as The Brak Show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021.
- Chickenbox! – The live action Punk Rock animation band.
- Lisa Furukawa – Japanese-America pianist, singer and songwriter.
The convention hours of operation are:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2007
5:00PM – 2:00AM: CONVENTION HOURS OF OPERATION
5:00PM – 11:00PM: EXHIBITION ROOM HOURS
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2007
11:00AM – 2:00AM: CONVENTION HOURS OF OPERATION
11:00AM – 8:00PM: EXHIBITION ROOM HOURS
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2007
11:00AM – 6:00PM: CONVENTION HOURS OF OPERATION
11:00AM – 6:00PM: EXHIBITION ROOM HOURS
Anime Supercon Location: THE MARRIOTT NORTH located at 6650 North Andrews Ave, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309. Phone (954) 771-0440 http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/fllcc
Anime Supercon Tickets are currently available online at $20 for a weekend pass. Tickets at the door will be $25 for a weekend pass and $20 for a one day pass.
ANIME SUPERCON is sponsored by Tate’s Comics (www.tatescomics.com) and Students of the Unusual (www.studentsoftheunusual.com)