When it was announced that Marvel’s “The Inhumans” would make the transition from feature film to television series, the assumption made by many fans was that it would feature the notable members of the Inhumans’ Royal Family. The release of a new call sheet for the series may give confirmation that those assumptions were true.
The Hashtag Show has information from a source close to production which includes seven character breakdowns for series regulars. While the descriptions are joined by fake names, a little research shows that they closely match the characteristics of prominent members of the Royal Family. If you’re familiar with the Inhumans from the Marvel comic books, the hints in these descriptions will sound very similar to Black Bolt, Medusa, and the rest of their unique clan.
The seven character breakdowns are as follows:
- Broderick — male, 30-40, Caucasian. Can say volumes with just a look. Strong thoughtful and private, he’s unaccustomed to being questioned or feeling a need to answer to anyone, to an extent can verge on arrogance.
- Marjorie — Female, 30-40, Caucasian. An elegant and intelligent advisor to her husband, she struggles to find her place outside of their relationship, as others tend to view her as just a pretty face. Strong and resourceful, she’s not afraid to break the rules when the situation demands it.
- Marty — Male, 30-40, Caucasian. Broderick’s younger brother; he is intelligent, charming and articulate. He comes across as a man of the people but secretly covets power.
- Kevin — Male, 30-40, Open. Slight of build, his mind is his greatest asset. Always prepared with a plan, his outlook on life is the glass is always half-empty and often cracked and dirty as well. Though his outlook can be grim he has a droll, dry sense of humor.
- Grady — Male, 25-35, Open. Impetuous and brash, he has serious impulse control issues which frequently get him into trouble, whether it’s women, booze or fighting. He loves life and lives in the moment, for better or worse.
- Christine — Female, 18-25 to play 18, Caucasian. Soulful but still learning the ways of the world, she has the arrogance of youth. Impetuous and independent, she is also deeply devoted to her family.
- Timothy – Male, 25-35, Open, SFXMU required. Supremely athletic. The ultimate picture of cool. He’s calm under pressure and willing to do anything to get the job done.
Broderick would be Black Bolt, the head of the Royal Family and the Inhumans’ leader whose voice can crumble mountains; Marjorie is Medusa, Black Bolt’s wife who has the ability to use her hair as a weapon; Marty is Maximus, Black Bolt’s conniving younger brother; Kevin is Karnak, who’s entire body is a living weapon and can find the weakness in anything; Grady is the horse-legged Gorgon; Christine is Medusa’s younger sister Crystal, who can control the elements; and Timothy is the amphibian Triton.
Eagle-eyed observers will notice the fake names begin with the letter of the character they are based on. The only well-known Inhuman missing from the breakdown is the teleporting Lockjaw, who also happens to be a larger-than-normal dog. As such, his exclusion doesn’t rule out an appearance during its eight-episode season.
After debuting in IMAX theaters on or around September 1, “Inhumans” will premiere on ABC on Tuesday, September 26, 2017. “Inhumans” is also expected to air all eight episodes of its first season uninterrupted on the following Tuesdays.
via Screen Rant