pinterest-p mail bubble share2 google-plus facebook twitter rss reddit linkedin2 stumbleupon
TOP

CBR

The Premium The Premium The Premium

A Marvel-ous collection of Shelf Porn from Canada

by  in Comic News Comment
A Marvel-ous collection of Shelf Porn from Canada

Hello and welcome to Shelf Porn, our weekly glance into one fan’s collection. Today’s collection comes from Robert in Canada, who shows us his comics, graphic novels and more.

If you’d like to see your collection featured here on Robot 6, you can find complete details at the end of this post.

And now here’s Robert …

*****

Hello, my name is Robert. I’m a French-Canadian. I started collecting comics around the summer of 1992. To this day, I have exactly 4819 comic books of various sorts (single issues, trade paperbacks, hardcovers). I’m mainly into Marvel super heroes since 73% of my collection comes from this publisher. The remaining 27% consists of titles published by Image, DC, Dark Horse, IDW, Valiant, Harris, Dynamite, Topps, CrossGen, Comico, etc. It’s still growing since I follow from 20 to 30 ongoing series per month. Enjoy the tour!

First stop is a bookshelf of oversized hardcovers displayed with Eaglemoss’s Marvel figurine collection.

I’m a big cosmic fan so I regrouped similar-themed statues with the whole Annihilation saga. It’s a shame the Annihilators: Earthfall mini-series didn’t get the oversized treatment. Other than that, you can see the beginning of my Avengers books.

Avengers-themed figurines along with hardcovers of various characters. In this picture, Valkyrie is protecting Thor with her sword from the wizardry of the Enchantress!

I regrouped Marvel events in chronological order. Same thing for the Marvel Zombies stuff. I hope Infinity War and Infinity Crusade (and the more recent Fear Itself) will also be published in the Omnibus format. On this shelf, you can see some stunning Spider-Man related statues.

My Eaglemoss collection is completed with various villains, Daredevil-centric characters and a few X-Men. On the hardcovers side, Spider-Man, Thanos and Thor are there with the Ultimate line.

Second stop is a bookshelf of hardcovers in different formats.

DK’s slipcases encyclopedia’s are pretty cool to display.

Continuation of the Ultimate line and beginning of X-Men books.

Look, here comes Batman after all those X-Men related books!

Here are the last oversized hardcovers coming this time from various publishers. Adam Warlock is my favorite character so I had to get the two Marvel Masterworks volumes.

The Marvel Premiere Classic was a pretty cool format of which I have a few books.

It’s kind of fitting that there’s a real spider in this picture, don’t you think? On another note, you can find Abnett & Lanning’s excellent run on the Guardians of the Galaxy along with various Premiere Editions.

This shelf is a good example of some of my favorite characters (Daredevil, Punisher, Spider-Man), writers (Jason Aaron, Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Millar) or artists (Frank Cho, Steve Dillon, Terry Dodson, Cary Nord, Esad Ribic, John Romita Jr., Mark Texeira).

Continue Reading12
  • Ad Free Browsing
  • Over 10,000 Videos!
  • All in 1 Access
  • Join For Free!
GO PREMIUM WITH CBR
Go Premium!

More Videos