Hello and welcome once again to Shelf Porn, our weekly look at someone’s collection. Today’s shelves come from Phil in Ontario, who shows us his growing collection of comics, action figures and more. Check them out below.
Hi, my name is Phil and I am from Barrie, Ontario. My submission is what I call a good start. It’s not the biggest collection of figures, comics and other entertainment, but it keep me happy and is constantly growing. I’ve been collecting comics feverishly for about 2 years now and I also have a box full of old star wars/marvel/spawn/he-man figures that the kids play with which are not shown off. I’m somewhat of a digital archivist so I have a rather large virtual collection of things which are also not shown off. I hope you enjoy my submission.
If you’d like to see your collection featured here on Robot 6, here’s what you need to do:
1. Take some photos and save them as jpgs.
2. Write up a little something about your collection.
3. Send them to me in an email.
Some additional tips:
1. Although we don’t have a minimum or maximum limit on photos, usually 10-15 should suffice. They also don’t need to be huge, so if you can shrink them down so they are less than 1000 x 1000, that would be great. You can help make your collection look nice by being sure to focus, use the right lighting, dust your shelves beforehand, etc.
2. You can either write something up that’ll appear at the beginning of the post, or you can describe each item. Be sure to indicate where each image should be placed within your write-up, but don’t embed the images into a Word doc. Just put the file name in brackets where you want the image to appear.
3. When sending images using something like YouSendIt or DropBox, please keep in mind that I may not get to your submission for a month or more, so make sure you don’t delete them or that they won’t expire.
4. Please include your name (just your first name is fine) and location with your write-up.
5. There’s no need to send an inquiry about whether or not we want to feature your collection; that’ll just slow the process down. Send your full submission, and if I have any questions or issues I’ll get back to you. Right now we have a pretty deep backlog of submissions, so if you don’t see your collection right away, don’t despair.